A third revision on the letter

I am Howard Wu from Tucheng, Taipei.

I am a graduate student in NCCU, and I am looking for advisor whose research fields related to dyslexia and neuroscience.

I made a device to help dyslexia student to learn syntax and putting POS boundary on words.

It looks like a dial.

http://fall-cicada.blogspot.tw/2015/09/making-dial-like-english-semantic.html

If the dial is big enough (with enough layer), I can almost make any legitimate English sentences, questions and tenses by it. A good step-by –step demonstration for those dyslexics on how sentences are being constructed. They won’t need too much knowledge on morphology and ordinary syntax teaching. But they could understand the sentences from the SVO sequences and the tense aspect (the center rings made for V-ed and other frequently-used irregulars verbs), modifier that are shown on the dial plate. A sentence, or a concept is turned into a workable dial mechanism!

download_20150915_155644  P_20150914_153355 P_20150914_211039 P_20150914_211100

This device is an inspiration from my synesthesia, which I believe a possible route to help people who suffer from dyslexia. I have synesthesia for POS (part of speech) and syntax. They are mixing with geometrical shapes and tactile feelings of different materials. It’s a brilliant sense for reading and parsing sentences, which I consider a solution for English dyslexics.

My research could possibly provide evidence for synesthesia and dyslexia. But I need more scientific review on the subjects I am working on. I could explain how synesthesia work in my brain but I need machines to prove the activity within me.

Through the years of teaching, I have taught several students suffer from dyslexia of all kinds. Yet I didn’t have the resources to help them at that time. Now I am tutoring a 17 years old boy who is a dyslexic. He might possibly be the first to be benefited from my invention. I wish any scholar who are interested in such a topic would join me and use a more scientific method to help me evaluate the result.

http://fall-cicada.blogspot.tw/2015/09/tutoring-journal-3-6.html

My hypothesis on this device is simple: giving them some other stimulus when parsing and constructing sentences. POS can be assigned to different shapes, sounds, even vibration if the device was made on smartphones. The basic concept is to provide a bypass for them while learning to construct the words through other neuro-stimulus. This prototype is merely made of cardboard. If I could made it in the lab of NTVS (NewTaipei city vocational high school) in Tucheng, I will make it a wooden and metal one. They have great laser cutters and equipments with industrial level precision, good enough to make it a commercialized product. I hope this will create similar synesthesia effect as what works in my mind. But still, I need a more experienced researcher who can examine and advise my research scientifically.

But I could not find a professor who is willing to take me as advisee.

So far I have searched throughout the web, but there’s limited research being done in such a co-relation and innovated device. I wish the researchers of dyslexia and neuroscience, could help instructing me on my thesis, making this a real breakthrough for the academics.

Sincerely,

Howard

從 Windows 10 的郵件傳送

留言

Translate